- Category: Upcoming Programs & Events
- Published: February 24, 2016
Register today! Each summer 1000+ students in rising grades 4 through 9 participate in week-long courses focusing on science, biology, computer technology, engineering and more. Packed with adventure, creativity, exploration and design; each course offers students an opportunity to dive more deeply into curriculum that will prepare them for future academic and career fields. Camp Innovation is MSiC’s largest and most popular student program.
About Our Classes
- All students public, private, and home school are welcome to participate.
- Times: Morning Class 9am - noon, Afternoon 1pm-4pm
- MSiC Campus: July 17-21, July 24-28 and July 31- August 4, 2017
- JTCC Chester Campus: July 10-14, July 17-21, 2017
- JTCC Midlothian Campus: July 24-28, and July 31- August 4, 2017
- Full and half-day classes for rising 4th through 9th graders
- All classes are weeklong, Monday through Friday
- Classes are in the morning (9am to noon), afternoon (1pm to 4pm), or all day (9am to 4pm)
- Each half-day class is $110 and a full-day class is $220
- A supervised lunch and activity time is available for students taking both a morning and an afternoon class
- MSiC provides adult-chaperoned school buses for field trips
- Students must bring their own lunch and parents are responsible for transportation to MSiC or JTCC.
Forms & Information DownloadsGeneral Info for Students (PDF) MSiC Class Listing (PDF) John Tyler Community College Class Listing (PDF)
Permission and Registration (PDF)
Camp Class Listings by Location & Grade
John Tyler Chester Campus
John Tyler Midlothian Campus
Extend your Camp Day
Championship Chess class!
Championship Chess presents a systematic, fun way to build chess skills during chess instruction and while students play. Studies show that chess improves math, reading and problem-solving and our methods connect these academic benefits to our classes. Classes include instruction as well as chess play and guided analysis.
- Championship Chess is offered as an add-on at the MSiC campus
- Monday through Friday from 4:15 to 5:30pm (75 minutes/day)
- Three sessions are offered:
- July 17-21 (Session 1)
- July 24-28 (Session 2)
- July 31-August 4 (Session 3)
- Sessions are open to all students, both beginners and experienced, rising 3rd grade and above or to younger students if they already know how to play.
- Cost is $75 per week, or $65 if paid 5 days prior to session start date
- Registeration and online payment is separate from Camp Innovation and can be accomplished at http://www.championchessRVA.net
- To register and pay by check print, complete and mail this form and payment to ChampionshipchessRVA.net (instructions are on the form).
Extend your Camp Day
Camp C.H.E.F.Camp C.H.E.F. is offered as an add-on at the MSiC campus. We're very excited to be back at the MathScience Innovation Center for the fourth year!
We will be having three fun and unique camps to include:
- 7/17-7/21: Open A Bakery
- 7/24-7/28: Cruise at Sea
- 7/31-8/04: Science of Cooking
- Classes run from Monday - Friday 4pm - 5pm
Register online at: https://edibleedu.wufoo.com/forms/z4ti7ld16eifas/
ContactFor additional Information contact:
Debbie Mitchell: Phone (804) 343-6525 ext 243